Sunday, March 28, 2010

A slight ray of hope

Ok, I have found UV meters on a Chinese website. And my mom has friends who will be going back to China this school holiday, so they can pick it up for me! I really hope that it will work. I hope that they can all get their air tickets, receive the meter promptly and at the right place, the customs wouldn't block it and that when it finally gets to me it is not broken or problematic. I know this sound very paranoid, but I had been unlucky in the past...
And my back-up plan - the paper pieces, I've also got a better idea. I will use newspaper pieces. This gives two advantage - I can buy multiple copies cheaply and that the newpaper paper would change colour most easily (since they print so much of them everyday, and newspapers lose their value the very next day so there is no point printing them too expensively). I put out a paper for a test, the paper didn't fade in ink though, it just got very yellowish. But that's an indicator of exposure to UV nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment