Sunday, March 7, 2010

New idea

Sorry to the people who actually read my posts, hopefully more than just me - I just changed my experiment idea again, hope it has not become too boring for you. I changed the nail rusting one because again, it is not that practical. There is only around 30% difference in density between iron and rust, so it might be hard to measure any changes. And that it takes a long time for a nail to corrode completely (just the surface rust makes too small a difference). So I decided not to do it. (Crying face...)

So my new favourite idea is that I would measure the change rate of temperature in different liquids - i.e. their specific heat capacity. It is practical enough, can be done in my kitchen with some bowls, a heat source and a thermometer. My only concern is that it is too basic and simple and not the standard expected in year 10 assessments. So I'll ask Ms. Zhang on Monday - which I hope I will remember because she's not at school Tuesday, Wednsday and Thursday. Crossed fingers that this idea is okay - I would hate to have to think up another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment