Saturday, April 17, 2010

I got the glass!

Back again after the long and lazy holiday! And although I emailed the glass cutters on like the Tuesday of the first week, none of them replied! Probably because my order was too small to be a welcomed customer... So my genius Mom (although I rarely admit it to her face) had the idea of collecting scrap glasses from factories.

Thus I surfed the yellowpages again and spent the whole of Friday morning going to the addresses I recorded. But none of them had any ready scraps to give away. Then again, it was my Mom who drove us to a glass cutting shop where she had once shopped for the car side mirror. There they recommended me to Hurlstone Park Glass & Glazing, where they gave me five pieces of clear, uncoated, 3mm thick standard glass for free! Thanks a million guys! They are now stored safely away in my wardrobe to avoid the accidental discovery by my baby sister.

So now I have to wait until May 12th for my Mom's friend to come back from China with my UV meter. And the experiment can finally commence after all this talk (there is going to be more, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment